Accel International has grown to be the best high-performance conductor manufacturer for the aerospace, medical, telecommunications, and other industries. Our state-of-the-art technology and the dedication of our associates are unmatched by any of our competitors! We currently operate two facilities in Connecticut, one in Indiana, and a new one is being built in Florida 2022.
We are looking for an experienced and focused on results Vice President of Manufacturing Technology and Innovation (Industrial Automation).
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Manufacturing Technology and Innovation is responsible for developing and executing the best-in-class technology solutions across Accel’s multi-state manufacturing facilities, which include electroplating, wire drawing, stranding and cabling, material handling and shipping/logistics. As a member of the senior leadership team, the VP of MTI directs optimal deployment of current assets as well as the design, sourcing, and commissioning of new assets and automation systems, with the goal of highest product quality and labor efficiency in the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the strategy and detailed plans for technology and automation solutions across all of Accel’s manufacturing facilities with annual budget of $25 million investments
- Achieve 6 sigma quality standard
- Drive labor content lower by 15%
- Design, source, select and commission new equipment including automation of material handling
- Develop and manage meaningful KPIs to continuously measure the efficiency of Accel’s manufacturing technology solutions and operations
- Manage and optimize currently deployed equipment by implementing improvements and standardizing best practices across all of our manufacturing facilities
- Lead with maintenance and operations teams in managing and deploying preventative maintenance programs to optimize equipment performance and useful life
- Institute training and education to ensure our associates are experts in processes
- Maintain and Improve company infrastructure applicable to Environmental Compliance, Safety and recycling/recovery/waste management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, etc.) is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Manufacturing or Technology Leadership role
- Proven Experience successfully managing projects
- Must have experience in high volume, high-growth manufacturing operations
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Applications
- Able to comply with the company’s safety policy at all times
Able to comply with the company’s quality policy at all times.
We are happy to offer:
- Very Competitive Base Pay
- Generous Bonus Potential
- Complete health, wellness and 401K benefits package