Accel International has grown to be the best high-performance conductor manufacturer for the aerospace, medical, telecommunications, and other industries. Our state-of-the-art technology and the dedication of our associates are unmatched by any of our competitors! We currently operate two facilities in Connecticut, one in Indiana, and a new one is being built in Florida 2022.
We are looking for an experienced and focused on results Vice President of Business Development.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Business Development is directly responsible for Accel’s revenue, growth and customer satisfaction. This is a results-driven, highly visible, and instrumental senior leadership role, tasked with generating new growth opportunities. Specifically, the VP, Business development is expected to lead the organic growth efforts through wallet share gain at many top customers in wire and cable industry, with current product offering as well as new product development, to achieve our aggressive financial goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop plans and strategies for growing the business and achieving Accel’s sales goals.
- Build a growth budget and detailed execution strategy for achieving the goals.
- Develop detailed and accurate sales forecast.
- Create and manage sales budgets.
- Manage the sales team and resources to deliver profitable growth.
- Exceed customer expectations and achieve high level of customer satisfaction.
- Hire, train, develop and manage sales team.
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function.
- Monitor and adjust direction based on customer, market and competitor activity.
- Manage key customer relationships.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers to develop relationships.
- Develop functional systems to handle customer claims, complaints and customer feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Business, Finance, etc.) is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of B2B Business Development Experience
- Must be results driven, vs. effort driven.
- Must possess a keen intellect, be extremely analytical and thoughtful, and be comfortable challenging conventional wisdom.
- Must work well in a team environment and have ability to operate at all levels within an organization.
- Must be able to multi-task and be disciplined in follow-up when responses are needed.
- P & L management and strong financial acumen is necessary.
- Must be comfortable working under high pressure and have the ability to meet the targeted deadlines.
- Must demonstrate high levels of integrity and commitment.
- Must be able to motivate and influence people and have an optimistic approach while dealing with difficult situations.
We are happy to offer:
- Very Competitive Base Pay
- Generous Bonus Potential
- Complete health, wellness and 401K benefits package