*Local Candidates Only – No Relocations*
Want to be a part of a great team and an exciting culture? Join the winning team of Accel!
Accel International has grown to be the best high-performance conductor manufacturer for the aerospace, medical, telecommunications, and other industries. Our state-of-the-art technology and the dedication of our associates are unmatched by any of our competitors! With emphasis on customer care and integrity, we have become a force to be reckoned with in the wire industry, and our growth reflects this. We currently operate two state-of-the-art facilities in Connecticut, one in Indiana, and a new one is being built in Florida, which will be up and running in Spring 2023.
We are looking for a self-starter and a results-oriented, hardworking quality-oriented professional to join our team.
Utilize your strong analytical, management, technical, and communication skills as well as your positive attitude and team approach to contributing to the team’s success. You will need the desire and ability to grow and achieve results.
At Accel, a Quality Assurance Manager is an individual responsible for overseeing the quality system of the facility to ensure that processes meet both regulatory and customer standards. This position provides manufacturing with technical support, quality expertise, knowledge of metal plating for non-ferrous metals, formal training, communication, and insures the utmost attention and compliance to customer outputs (specifications), process inputs (internal process specifications) operating standards, manufacturing initiatives (lean concepts) and safety/environmental requirements. This position requires the individual to abide to a flexible working schedule and be able to work extra hours (including weekends and some holidays).
A Bachelors Degree in a technical field (Chemical, and or Metallurgical Engineering) is preferred or 5 years of quality management experience. Experience in the wire industry is preferred but not required.
- Responsible for leading/participating and implementing quality engineering related solutions and activities.
- Performs internal ISO and AS9100 audits and ensures compliance with the highest quality standards
- Leads and participates in the development and implementation of quality engineering procedures.
- Executes the appropriate level of change control needed in order to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Directs the quality team by assigning, and monitoring to completion, appropriate work assignments.
- Prioritizes work assignments within the Quality Engineering Department.
- Produces metrics which provide visibility to the progress of work assignments completed within the department.
- Provides quality engineering consultation and support to complex projects and provides hands on support to project teams.
- Responsible for maintaining electroplating process to meet chemical and environmental compliance regulations.
In return, we are happy to offer:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Generous Bonus Potential
- Rewarding and Fun Work Environment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Free Disability and Life Insurance
- AFLAC line of coverage
- 401(K) Plan with a Match
- Growth Opportunities