Want to be a part of a great team and an exciting culture? Join the winning team of Accel!
Headquartered in Meriden, CT, Accel International has grown to be the best high-performance conductor manufacturer for the aerospace, medical, telecommunications, and other industries. Our state-of-the-art technology and the dedication of our associates are unmatched by any of our competitors! With emphasis on customer care and integrity, we have become a force to be reckoned with in the wire industry, and our growth reflects this. We currently operate two state-of-the-art facilities in Connecticut, one in Indiana, and a new one is being built in Florida, which will be up and running in 2023.
We have an opening for an energetic, motivated, self-starter and results-oriented, hardworking manufacturing professional to join our 3rd shift team in CT.
This role will provide overall supervision for the operations of 3rd shift (12:00 am – 8:00 am). This includes safety, production planning and execution, employee leadership, expense control, and ability to read, understand and act upon manufacturing level metrics and reports. This position is responsible for leading a multi-departmental shift in a manner that produces timely and quality output to meet customer demands.
The most successful candidate will be a hands-on, leading-by-example supervisor, willing and able to operate machinery when necessary, able to motivate and lead a team, available for weekend work when required and a proven team player willing to pitch in where needed. “That’s not my job” is not in this job description!
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers concerned with various wire drawing, electroplating and wire bunching operations. This includes responsibility for the full range of normal supervisory duties including employee development, counseling, scheduling, performance monitoring, etc.
- Follow work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow
- Issue written and oral instructions
- Assign duties and examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures
- Standardize workflow to improve efficiency of workers
- Work with engineering, production, and maintenance to identify and resolve day to day issues
- Interrupt the normal work flow to respond to any short notice production or shipping needs
- Ensure that day-to-day shift operations meet or exceeds customer expectations Accel’s goals
- Monitor and maintain safety of all employees and provide guidance for a safe and productive work environment.
- Minimum of five years of experience in manufacturing
- Strong basic leadership, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to follow written procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and general computer use
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
In return, we are happy to offer:
- Competitive Base Salary (DOE)
- Generous Bonus Potential
- Rewarding and Fun Work Environment
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Free Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan Match
- Growth Opportunities