Want to be a part of a great team and an exciting culture? Join the winning team of Accel!
Accel International has grown to be the best high-performance conductor manufacturer for the aerospace, medical, telecommunications, and other industries. Our state-of-the-art technology and the dedication of our associates are unmatched by any of our competitors! With emphasis on customer care and integrity, we have become a force to be reckoned with in the wire industry, and our growth reflects this. We currently operate two state-of-the-art facilities in Connecticut, one in Indiana, and a new one is being built in Florida, which will be up and running in Spring 2023.
We are looking for a self-starter and a results-oriented, hardworking accounting professional to join our growing organization. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of general accounting experience in a variety of accounting functions, including analysis, reporting, bank reconciliations, journal entries, payroll etc.
Utilize your strong analytical, accounting, technical, and communication skills as well as your positive attitude and team approach to contributing to the department’s success. You will need the desire and ability to grow and cross train.
- Supports the Finance team in carrying out the monthly, quarterly, annual and non-routine functions of the accounting department
- G/L Account Reconciliations
- A/P & A/R Month End Bank Reconciliations
- Cash Application / Disbursements
- Assist with daily banking activities and processes
- Inventory Account Research and Reconciliation
- Preparing monthly journal entries for the general ledger
- Accurately compiles data and creates reports and spreadsheets using MS Excel
- Performing other general accounting functions as needed, such as: financial reports, general ledger entries, spreadsheet reports/analysis and budget reports.
- Researching and interpreting data in order to respond to various accounting and financial questions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related financial field
- 2-5 years experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment, including general accounting, financial analysis, accounts receivable and financial statement preparation or recent graduate with experience in related field.
- Solid knowledge in the preparation and interpretation of financial reports and the month-end close process Familiarity with personal computers and Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel and Word essential, other software package knowledge a plus.
- Advanced experience in MS Excel.
- Must be able to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter and self-motivated – ability to work independently with minimal supervision or direction
What we offer:
- Competitive Base Pay (DOE)
- Generous Bonus Potential
- Rewarding and Fun Work Environment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Free Disability and Life Insurance
- AFLAC line of coverage
- 401(K) Plan with a Match
- Growth Opportunities